- Removes tea-colored stains from water.
- Absorbs harmful residues and chemicals.
- Neutralizes fish medications after treatment.
- Clears your water and keeps your pond attractive.
- Fast action results.
- Safe for fish and plants.
ACTIVE-CARBON – 10 lbs
- Natural Impurity/Toxin Binder Granular
- For ornamental ponds
- Purely Ponds Active-Carbon is specifically designed for use in situations where there are toxins and compounds that need to be absorbed out of the water, for the health of the fish or the visual quality of the water. Active-Carbon is especially useful for removing dissolved organics out of the water, A.K.A. ‘Tannins’ or ‘tea-color”. These compounds come from excessive decomposing organic materials in the pond. Active-Carbon also removes harmful substances like free radicals, pesticides and even heavy metals! Our Active-Carbon is fresh, potent, and is high purity granular type, which allows maximum absorption throughout each particle.
- One box treats up to 20,000 gallons.
- 1 Carbon Filter Media Bag included
Use 1/2 pound, placed in mesh bag, per 1,000 gallons to treat slight discoloration.
Use 1 pound, place in mesh bag, per 1,000 gallons for more noticeably opaque water.
Use 2 pounds, placed in mesh bag, per 1,000 gallons to neutralize chemical contaminates or fish medications/antibiotics.
Place Active-Carbon in media bag and rinse first before putting it in the pond. Place in the skimmer in the pond for 2 weeks and then remove it and discard.
Note: Before treating with Active-Carbon, excess organic matter should be removed from the pond. After treatment water should clear in several days, if not increase treatment quantity as needed.